Thursday, July 05, 2007

Quiet day...

No fevers, no transfusions necessary today, and I still need to have some stitches pulled from last week's biopsy. Hopefully I can get the doc on that tomorrow. I'm still waiting for evening rounds -- these guys pull some late hours somedays.

Just thought I'd update that everything seems to be going o.k. today. I'm having some pain in my throat that may be mucositis starting in, but I'm hoping not. In the meantime they cooked up some "magic mouthwash" for me to use.

White count - 0.1
Hematocrit - 28%
Hemoglobin - 9.8
Platelets - 30

We were able to catch some fireworks last night. We found an area on the 10th floor that was nice and empty and enjoyed several different displays across the city landscape. Last year I watched fireworks from the window of the University Hospital in Columbia and my mind was so full, trying to grasp the diagnosis and all that had happened to us within the past 48 hours. I'm so grateful to be here a year later and find myself wondering some of the same things once again -- praying this does the job and I can achieve a remission that allows me to still be here next year. Ultimately it is my prayer that God be most glorified in my life -- no matter what that means. I pray it is in my ultimate healing here on earth, but also know it may be in Heaven that He chooses to finally kill the cancer. Thank you so much for being our prayer warriors this last year and continuing to pray with us for His perfect miracle.

10 comments:

J said...

God is so good to bring blessings if we only realize them for what they are. Fireworks displays being one of them in my opinion!

Congratulations on a good Independence Day, and God blesses you.

Jessica said...

Your faith is so incredible to me, Amy! You are in my thoughts often and I am praying for you and your family!

Momma Bean said...

Amy, I have been reading your site for quite some time now and have been praying for you and your family on a regular basis. Just wanted you to know that you are thought of often.

Amber D.M. said...

I'm glad to hear that the symptoms thus far have been "kind." (I'm still praying for that miracle!) Always in thought and prayer. Love you dearly...

Sending you a cyber hug,
~ Amber

Angela said...

amy, you are a sweet and gentle soul and I am praying for you! in Christ, Angela

Anonymous said...

hi amy, you've really challenged me with your life! i worry about the stupidest things sometimes and it misdirects my focus away from the Lord! thank you for helping me to put my eyes back on our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ...every good and perfect gift comes from above! You are special in the eyes of the Lord and HE has you in is strong and capable hands!!! Thank you, from the deepest place of my heart!

Heather said...

God is so good and His glory shines in your faith. I am praying hard for that remission Amy! -Heather

Carey said...

Im praying for you Amy!

Anonymous said...

You are such an inspiration of someone who is walking through the valley and yet still depending on God for strength and healing. It's amazing to me because you have every right to be angry. Your faithfulness is a testimony and blessing to everyone who reads you blog. I continue to pray for your healing. Thank you for your updates.

Sis. Julie said...

Praise the Lord to see you are still hanging in there. You haven't given up on God and that is a powerful testimony to me. We love you and appreciate your faith in the Savior. Love and prayers....Sis. Julie