Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Mylotarg update

I ended up needing 50 mg of demerol to control the chills I got this afternoon, but I never ran a fever, so that's a praise. It did its job of knocking my counts down.

White count - 0.0
Platelets - 6
Hematocrit - 19%
Hemoglobin - 6.9

As a result, I'll be getting two units of red cells and a unit of platelets tonight. I was warned that it could cause a huge drop in my blood counts, and it sure looks like that's what happened. In the meantime I've been feeling o.k. since my demerol nap this afternoon and I'm anxious to get the much needed blood boost.

We heard back on the CMV test and it was negative. All of the cultures on my central line also came back negative, so it looks like they are going to be able to leave it in. I've been on antibiotics to help clear up the skin and they appear to be working as it looks a ton better than it did when I came in over a week ago. Saving the line is a huge praise -- I definitely didn't want to go through a third placement.

Thanks so much for your prayers.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess the reds and platelets will have to be your fireworks this year! That is wonderful news about the line. Still praying for you each and every day....Livi's Gigi

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord!!! What a privilege it has been to pray for you and be a part of what God is doing in your life!!

Kim said...

That's great news Amy!

Praying fervently for you,
kim

PEZmama said...

Glad to hear that the line is healing. Praise God for that!

Praying for your healing.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you all day and still praying for a complete miracle healing in your body! May you soar into remission and be free from this dreadful disease forever. Yeah for the negative on the CMV test too! :)

Hugs,
Carol
(Aaron's Mom)

Carey said...

Your in my prayers. Im glad to hear your line is healing. Thanks for taking the time to update us on how you are doing.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear that the problem with your line has cleared up and you will be able to keep it!
We will be continuing to pray that all will go well and that this treatment will be effective!

Gina

Tammy C said...

Thanks for the update.Will continue to pray for your health.

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about you and praying for you off and an throughout the day for the last several days...glad to hear the good news!

Anonymous said...

Shouting praises to the Lord. Thank you for blessing us by blessing Amy. I pray she is completely HEALED!

Anonymous said...

Amy;
That is good news on the area around the line. We are glad they didn't have to remove it and offer you one more opportunity at surgery. We continue to keep you in our prayers and trust that God is controlling all the work the medicines are designed to do without further complications.

By the way, you missed the 116 degrees of Phoenix yesterday, but all things considered, I'm betting you would rather be here than lying in a hospital bed in St. Louis.

Stay strong, we'll keep the furnace on for you here so someday you, Brandon, and Gary can come back and visit his family and us. Say hi to your Mom and Brandon from us. We will keep praying for your recovery.
Uncle Cliff and Aunt Karen

Sis. Julie said...

Amen!! I'm so glad to hear this report. I praise God each time I see what He is doing with you Sis. Amy!! Amen!! May God continue to have His way in your situation.